Monday, June 06, 2005

I got news for you pal. You ain't leading but two things right now: Jack and Shit. And Jack just left town.

Just wasted 2 hours of my life watching "Closer". What a steaming turd of a movie. Why do they make films about people who you just want to die within 10 minutes of the opening scene?

Not a great weekend of movies. "Meet the Fockers" was desperately disappointing - how lazy were they to blow the opportunity of having Hoffman and Streisand on the screen together? And "Ocean's 12" was only passable.

But all of the above were perfectly balanced on Sky Movies by the genius of Sam Raimi:

Army of Darkness: "I got news for you pal. You ain't leading but two things right now: Jack and Shit. And Jack just left town."

I can't wait to see Bruce Campbell playing Elvis in "Bubba Ho-tep"

1 comment:

Conor said...

I apologise for this post in advance. Stop reading now. You've been warned....

But it struck me that the quote could be re-used as follows to apply to the current EU kerfuffle:

"I got news for you pal. You ain't leading but two things right now: Jacques and Shit. And Jacques just left town."

Boom Boom.